Thursday, September 15, 2011

Tying up some loose ends...

In the past 2 days, I don't know what's going on but I've seen a lot of rope... Yeah, rope... I stopped off at one of my favorite vendors to talk about some custom lighting fixtures, and I noticed something on the workroom table.  He was creating a lampshade out of rope... How hot is that?



Tell me that is not going to be super chic!  How awesome is that idea?  I LOVE it!!! I'm so looking forward to the completed design!

Then I stopped off in the Cassina showroom, and noticed all these amazing black and white paintings on the walls.  They were all various shapes, and lines, interweaving with each other in this harmonious way.  It looked like a close detail of  the lampshade above... The artist I found out is a talented man by the name of Medad.  I'm very intrigued by the simplicity, but complexity of this latest collection of works.


Then perusing sites for pretty things, I came across these fun rope ottomans...  The Seafarer's Rope Ottoman is a perfect little addition to any room.  The natural rope, with it's organic texture and weave, but composed in the perfect sort of pouf is a welcome seating addition for anyone's aesthetic...


Finally the reigning master of all things rope, Christian Astuguevieille knows no boundaries when it comes to manipulating this nautical material into all that is luxurious.  His furniture and fixtures are individual pieces of art.  The precision and detail on each piece is just impeccable.  Here are just a few of examples of his artistry...




Seriously, could anything be more divine than this chair?!... It's basically haute couture for chairs.  The manipulation of the rope to create this gorgeous and effortless draping effect, then finished off in gold, is just... Uuhhh... Speechless!...

No comments:

Post a Comment