Thursday, October 7, 2010

Pleasant surprises happen when you discover a new source...

Today I was having a wonderful lunch with an amazing work colleague at Delicatessen in Soho... First of all, side note, really really amazing!  Yummy food, and the staff there is just phenomenal...  Such a great afternoon!  A little Prosecco, Tuna Tartare, Lobster Roll... I mean, come on!

So anyway, my lovely French lunch mate brought me over to a relatively inconspicuous showroom a few blocks away on Bond Street... I was blown away at what New York still has to offer, and what wonderful things lurk in corners and store fronts that you may otherwise just walk by...

She brought me into a place called Relative-Space...  Can I just tell you, it was quiet, but hip and sophisticated, but creative and chic... All at the same time if that makes sense...  They are a green company with several products, but one that shown out clearly was their wood floors, which was also available to clad on walls...  It was FUSE Flooring... I die at how gorgeous some of those finishes were...  The great thing about the space is the fact that it was also a gallery of sorts... Currently exhibiting artisans from Quebec, with wonderful items to purchase...

Just a detail of one of their many finishes
Gorgeous install shot

Please stop in a take a browse around, simply delightful...

No comments:

Post a Comment