Saturday, September 25, 2010

Come enter my world...

Welcome to the world of design, at least the way I perceive it, and what influences me to be creative...  Finding inspiration happens by chance, whether it's a new found fabric, an advertisement in a magazine, the way light creates shadows and movement on the sidewalk... Don't limit yourself to what you think you're supposed to find beautiful because the world around you says it's so.  Like so many things in life, you can't explain why certain colors evoke specific emotions or why a scent can be exquisite to you and putrid to someone else; just embrace all the wonderfulness that the world let's you stumble upon... 

I found this fabric over a year ago, and it still brings me so much joy to look at it.  I can't explain why, I'm not a paisley kind of guy, but this is something that speaks to me...  I love the colors, the pattern, the texture, and why???  I don't know...  What speaks to you?





No comments:

Post a Comment