Thursday, August 23, 2012

Need to use...

This is more of me thinking out loud, but I saw this a couple months ago when I was in Edelman Leather... But they started to Laser Etch on some of their hides... And everyone knows I've got a slight obsession with skulls, well you can only imagine where this conversation is going!

I initially saw it on a black leather pillow, but just this week I saw an installation on 4 gorgeous mid-century type chair backs...


Can you see it? It's the most subtle laser etched skull in the delicate and buttery leather... I'm so in love! It's not screaming at you, and that's what I think is so perfect! Here's the same image but inverting the colors...


It's so awesome and a bit macabre it's gonna end up somewhere in a future design... The beauty of the laser etch is I have total control of the size of the image, so I could make it so minute that only upon intense inspection might you notice it there... But I'll always know!

No comments:

Post a Comment