Saturday, October 20, 2012

Jean Prouvé

It was just over a year ago I happened to stop into the newly opened AXOR showroom in the Meatpacking District, when I was fortunate enough to stumble upon the Prouvé RAW Pop Up! This was really the first time I was honestly exposed to this genius... This Jean Prouvé by G-Star RAW for Vitra installation was a celebration of what is wonderful and very utilitarian about both Prouvé and the G-Star brands.

Anyone who knows me also knows I die over my G-Star RAW denim, as it's always right on point with form, function and of course a bit of funky!


Heck I even rocked a pair of Arc 3D Loose Tapered jeans during my filming of "George to the Rescue"!... Which if you haven't already, click the link to watch it! Good television! Great design!... Just saying...



"Jean Prouvé (1901-1984): French Industrial- and Furniture Designer and Architect. Jean Prouvé is one of the most influential furniture designers of the early modern design movement, Jean Prouvé introduced the machine age and industrial engineered modern design aesthetic to interiors in the steel, aluminum and architecture he created. He then continued her experiments with different materials.

Jean Prouvé was both engineer and modern designer.

Jean Prouvé was once quoted saying: never design anything that cannot be made."
quote from Jean Prouvé Museum.

His simple aesthetic of function vs. frill is something that I admire, and I can't lie, desire! As in I totally want everything!!! His seating is amazing, his lighting is divine, I could live in a home exclusively furnished with his pieces.


Basically all I'm saying is, if I saw this over a year ago and I'm still thinking about it today... Something was REALLY right about it!







Such an icon in the design world, that if you didn't know before, you do now... He's one of my favorites, and after seeing all this awesomeness, I hope you'll find an appreciation for this man's work as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment