Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Pure Madman, Pure Genius!... McQueen...

There are very very few times when I really feel moved by exhibitions of any sort, but I just got the opportunity yesterday to gaze upon the brilliance that was Alexander McQueen's madness and genius.  The Metropolitan Museum of Art has put together one hell of an impressive installation, highlighting the triumphs in this designer's all too short life.  His mind thought like no other, and constructed garments with impeccable details and precision.  The use of unconventional coutuier textiles, and methods broke down barriers of what is clothing and what is art... 

I was extremely lucky to have had a private tour through the exhibit, which I am very grateful for.  I was able to stop, absorb and be inspired, be disturbed, be moved by the moving images, the smells, the sounds of this world.






I will readily admit, that I am in no way shape or form a fashionista, but you need not be to have a strong emotional response to McQueen's work.  I always found his fashion sense to be intriguing, but now experiencing this first hand, I feel the power of his work.  I'm urging everyone, if you have the opportunity to go, and see this show before it is no more...

Bringing it back to the world of interiors, The Met's installation of the garments is nothing short of perfection.  Room after room, every detail is addressed... The floors, the walls, the ceilings, lighting, smells, textures, sounds... It gives me goosebumps thinking about it.  Go, that's all I can say... Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment