Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Random "celebrity" sightings in the world of design...

So this afternoon I had to hit up one of the many design centers here in NYC, and there a bunch of people lining the lobby of 200 Lexington...  A good dozen young people, all looking like interns with their faces and fingers glued to their Blackberry's texting and emailing away...  Pretty funny sight.  Anyway it turns out that the Kardashians were scheduled to show up for an impromptu shopping excursion...  How real is reality television?...  Anyway, so I hear the buzz on a few of the floors.  I had things to do so I couldn't really be bothered...  Mind you there are like over a hundred showrooms in this place...  So I had to check out some well priced items for a very budget conscious client, so I stopped off on the 5th floor at Arteriors a wonderful place for nice quality and extremely well priced lighting and small furniture pieces.  Well I'm there for no more than 5 minutes when the interns start zipping around.  "They just parked...  They're going to be here soon!  Just act natural..."  Too funny.  So literally 2 of the Kardashian girls walk in with their "decorator"?  I don't really know who the guy was, but he was making large gestures with his hands, I could only envision the word "Fabulous" being tossed around a few dozen times... You know the story.  Anyway, both of the girls looked adorable, of course... Way too much make up, but I don't know if that's just for camera, but pleasant enough.  The fact that they smiled as they passed by, in a somewhat small and cramped showroom was nice.  We'll see whether that makes the final edit for TV, but all in all just amusing.  I guess I can make this a normal topic on the blog as celebrities are always in the design buildings...
It was the two on the left that I saw?...
There's always a random "celebrity" that pops up...  I put that in quotes as these young ladies, and pretty as they are, it still seems funny that they get the term applied to them...  Whatever, it keeps life interesting.  I've seen Mariah Carey, Glenn Close, Woody Allen, Judith Light, etc.  Some completely uninteresting, others kind of funny to see in person...  Anyway, till the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment