Sunday, August 5, 2012

Design Appreciation

Just wanted to take a moment to say that I'm so grateful to be a designer, and have the opportunity to be surrounded by the most amazing decor and decoration, but also to be a part of an amazing community of creatives...

I love that in art and design so many views are explored and expressed! I appreciate all forms of the craft and love projects that push the limits of comfort of normality. Looking at the genius Alexander McQueen, he knew no limits on what "clothes" were supposed to be...




In the art world of art Damien Hirst pushed buttons with blinged out skulls and unicorns...




Art is a gift to everyone... It provokes emotion and conversation. Not everything created will be loved and understood, but the appreciation for the artist and his/her process for achieving it should be given recognition.

Criticism is an essential part of our world. It makes us better, stronger, more thoughtful, but please do it constructively. I may not fully comprehend all that I see, but I appreciate all that went into it...

Criticism should always leave people with the feeling that they have been helped...

No comments:

Post a Comment